It’s National Ice Cream Day!
We LOVE making our own ice cream. Not only is it super fun, but you can turn it into a summer science experiment! #momwin
What Flavor Will You Make?
Super Simple Ice Cream Recipe
Learn how to make delicious ice cream at home without an ice cream maker.
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- (2) 1/2 cups of salt, plus one pinch
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 10 cups of ice
- 3 one-gallon freezer bags
- towel (for insulation)
- Put the milk, heavy cream, sugar, a pinch of salt and the vanilla extract in one freezer bag. Before sealing it, take out as much of the air as possible, so the bag will be as flat as possible.
- With the bag sealed, mash the ingredients with your hands to mix them all together.
- In the second freezer bag, pour five cups of ice and add 1/2 cup of salt. Close the bag and mix the ice around (from the outside) with your hands. Repeat this process with the third freezer bag.
- Lay one bag of ice on half of the towel. Put the bag with the milk mixture on top. Then on top of that, lay the second bag of ice. Cover with the other half of the towel. Wait at least 30 minutes for the milk mixture to freeze.
- When it looks firm enough to serve, go for it!
Source: Super Simple Ice Cream Recipe